Thursday, September 29, 2016


Don't Despair Give It To God







There have been many times in my life when I have felt like throwing in the towel and walking away from everyone and everything.  I think we have all had this feeling of despair, not knowing where to turn or what to do.  It is so easy to give up, it takes no work, you  can pretend none of it is real and go on ignoring it or you can trust God to bring you through whatever is weighing you down,  

I went through most of my life running from God and I was miserable, I knew right from wrong, I was raised in the church but I threw all my knowledge of what I learned away and lived in sin, allowing Satan to keep me bound to him with the desires of the world because he would wrap up in pretty packages those things I thought I wanted.

  Let me just say right here that Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy.  If we are Christians and we stay in the Word of God we learn to resist the devil when he comes to steal what Jesus gave us when He died on the cross for us.  Such as healing, it says in 1 Peter 2:24 Who, his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we being dead to sins, should live into righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.  It does not say you will be healed it says you were healed.  We receive that by faith just as we received salvation.  Satan comes to steal that through deception just as he deceived Eve in the garden.  He makes you believe that it has not yet been done and if we do not have the knowledge of the Word then we become easy prey.  He will destroy your faith if you allow him to.  But we have a defense against this in the Word of God.  Attending Church, Bible studies, Sunday School and fellowship with other Christians.  We are to be in the world but not of the world.  

  Joshua 1:9  Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage, be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest.

Isaiah 41:10-13 
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

How wonderful is it that we have a God that loves us so much that He not only gave His only Son to die on the cross and take on the sin of all mankind but that He provides us shelter from the storms of life. We just need to believe and to seek Him constantly for strength in peace, faith and love.  The devil can't take anything from you unless you let him, call on God, He will deliver you.  

I remember the night I couldn't do it on my own anymore, right here in this house in my living room all alone listening to Pastor Greg Laurie I repented of my sins and accepted Jesus as my savior.  It has made a huge difference in my life, it has been a process of finding a church home where I feel that I am getting what I need and that I can be of help to others, where my pastor speaks the Word of God and not what people want to hear, I have great friends that I know when I ask them to pray, they will and a great mentor, friend and teacher in Bible study. I have watched God work in my life, answering prayers, speaking to me and I have witnessed a few miracles along the way.  I am a young Christian and I know the importance of staying in the Word of God.  Don't be discouraged, think of this verse when you are fighting a battle against the devil.  And remember if the devil is attacking you it is because you are doing something right and he doesn't like that.  He doesn't bother those that follow him, he has no need to, he has them bound in sin.  

John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

I know at times it can be hard, I have to seek encouragement from strong Christian leaders to keep my faith and know that God has this.  I am going through something in my life right now where I too need to remember what I have written.  It is what led me to share this.  

Cheryl C  McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment