Friday, September 23, 2016

                                                    Having a Servants Heart

Galatians 5:13  For you were called to freedom brothers, only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through our love, serve one another.

One morning as I woke I was anxious to work on my budget, spend some time in God's word and have my prayer time.  However there were, as I saw them, obstacles in my way.

As I dealt with the things that needed my attention I heard that small still voice, you know, God.  He was telling me that He put those things there and I should always happily and without question do His will.  I went about my morning and when I finished I went to the Lord in prayer and prayed for my servants heart.

You may ask, what is a servants heart? God has called is to be servants, to carry out His will.  The master has the vision that we should be ready and available to carry out His vision and see it through.

We must learn to listen and know His will.  We must always know if it is His from Him or the enemy, remember if it doesn't line up with the Word of God it is not of Him.  He will never ask us to do anything that is not of Him.  We need to touch lives in a way that make a difference, reaching out and responding even when someone can't reach out to us and ask for help.  We should always act in a way pleasing to God.  There are plenty of places to help, there is always something going on in the world where people need help, we may not be able to pull up our roots and go but we can donate, money, food, clothes etc...  We need to be less about ourselves and more about God.  I've questioned this many times as I know others have, I don't have the money to do this for others, believe me if we bless others God will bless us.  This was a hard lesson learned for me but so grateful that I learned it.

Having a servants heart is about our relationship with God and we should never look for favor or rewards for doing what He asks of us, we can't get to Heaven on good works, there is only one way there and that is through Jesus Christ.  We should always act in a way that is pleasing to God in all we do.  He is our provider and He will provide a way for you to do His will.  We must humble ourselves before the Lord and let his will take precedence over our circumstances, emotions, finances and emotions and actions.  I understand that we may not always have the money to help others but we always have the time to donate our labor, food from our pantry or just time to listen and always time to pray.

We will find fulfillment in serving the Lord.

Matthew 24:26  Blessed is that servant whom his Lord when he cometh shall find him so doing.

1 Corinthians 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope and charity, these three, but the greatest of these is charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment